Original Review is an online service that provides customer feedback for restaurants and hotels. Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our "Website") are part of the Original Review® Media Network, which is owned and operated by Original Review Management, LLC. More details about Original Review Management, LLC can be found below under "How you can contact us."
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services. Before submitting your personal information to us, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting Original Review’s website, www.originalreview.com, or using an Original Review application (an "Application" or "App") on a mobile phone, tablet, computer, or similar device (a "Device") or in connection with other sites or services, you are accepting the practices described herein.
- What information we collect from you
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- How we protect your information
- Children's privacy
- External links
- Visiting our Website from outside the United States
- Your California privacy rights
- How you can contact us
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date). You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required for you to receive information from Original Review and enjoy other benefits of being a customer or user of our services. In addition, some information is required for you to ask us a question or initiate transactions on our site.
Information About Others.
You will have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our Website. If you submit a review or are viewing those made about your establishment through Original Review, you may need to submit that individual's personal information. You must obtain the consent of other individuals before providing us with their personal information, as any access to view or modify their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit Original Review by "clicking through" from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Website or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services. We will work with our existing partners and potential future partners to improve and personalize your use of our Website in accordance with the practices outlined in this section and Policy.
We may partner with social-media enterprises (such as Facebook) to provide personalized content on Original Review for members of that enterprise. If we do so, Original Review may be personalized for you when you visit the Website, even if you are a first-time user of Original Review’s Website. For example, we may show you reviews that your social media friends have posted on Original Review and places they have visited. To provide you with this personalized experience, social-media enterprises provide us with information that you have chosen to make available pursuant to your privacy settings with that enterprise. That information may include your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists, and any other information you have chosen to make available.
If you decide to turn off personalization, you can do so by first logging into the social media, then following its disconnection and sharing protocols.
We automatically collect some information from your Device when you visit Original Review. For example, we may collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. Also, we may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches, and reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience.
If you purchase our services using a credit card, we will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address. We will securely protect your information, but as you know, we cannot guarantee that we or our network will not be hacked or otherwise compromised by undeserving third parties. We will make all reasonable best efforts to protect your data.
Location Information and Other Information from Devices.
When you use an Application on a Device, we will collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use the Original Review website. In addition, we may collect information about your location if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application via the privacy settings on that Device. We may use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time to turn off the functionality that shares location information with the Application or the functionality that tags your photos with location information. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our App. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
- To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and Apps and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our sites.
Our sites may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We may use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. Also, we may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of Advertising.
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
Original Review and its affiliated websites are committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do so, we may collect information about your related searches and other site activities, such as whether you are looking for hotels, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests.
We do not share your personal information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
Many of the advertisements you see on the Original Review family of sites are provided by Original Review or its service providers. But we allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and (2) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
Response to Do Not Track signals
Your web browser may transmit a "Do Not Track" ("DNT") signal to Original Review and other websites. Because of differences in web browser's default settings and the manner in which browsers incorporate DNT signals, it is sometimes unclear to site operators whether site visitors have selected the DNT setting themselves, or whether they are aware that they have a choice in determining the setting. Original Review does not currently respond to DNT signals. Once the Internet industry has settled on standards related to this issue and Original Review recognizes such standards, we may reevaluate this approach.
How we use your information
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of a restaurant or hotel, then we will send you email messages at the email address you provide to us.
Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
With whom we share your information
Original Review may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, including but not limited to hotel, airline, cruise, car rental, or activity providers, or vacation managers or owners who fulfill your travel reservations. Throughout Original Review and its affiliated sites, all products and services provided by third-party suppliers are described as such. Information we share with suppliers to facilitate reservations will be treated according to applicable suppliers’ privacy policies, except for payment information.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring Websites. If you were referred to Original Review from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and travel preferences, about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to Original Review.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social-media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may be able to modify your privacy settings with these third-party social-media websites.
We may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary:
To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a company transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular hotels and restaurants. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting the Member Profile page on the Original Review Website.
You can close your Original Review account by contacting us using this form. We will send you an email to your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose to not provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on Original Review.
- You can add or update information and close your account as described above. If you decide to close your Original Review account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view. Please note, however, that we may retain in our files some information associated with your account and past transactions for purposes including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations, and compliance with legal requirements.
- As a registered Original Review member, you can modify your email subscription choices at any time on the Member Profile page. Whether registered as an Original Review member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Original Review account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Email Communications. Original Review wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information available through our sites. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Original Review, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using Original Review, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized agents and employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Original Review is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting our Website from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that Original Review does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Your California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address provided below in the "How you can contact us" section.
How you can contact us
Original Review Management, LLCAttn: Legal Department, Privacy Officer
5160 Village Creek Drive, Suite 100
Plano, Texas, 75093 USA
Call Recording and Monitoring.